Event Video Montage - April 19th & 20th, 2012
Techsploration Job Posting – Program Assistant
Title: Program Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time, temporary – 6-month term with potential for extension
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Employee health benefits are included after probationary period
Reports to: Manager, Office Administration & Program Logistics
Techsploration – not-for-profit organization – provides young women from grades nine through twelve with opportunities to explore science, trades, and technology occupations, while creating awareness about the critical role of work in their lives. It also helps them understand the significance of high school math and science for their future careers.
The program assistant is responsible for performing day-to-day office duties and event-related tasks, in support of program design and delivery. Primary office duties performed by the program assistant include, but are not limited to, assistance with event organization, general inquiry response, email management, meeting coordination and minutes. This position will provide support, as necessary, to management staff and the Executive Director.
This position supports an active business environment with numerous stakeholders and requires professionalism and dedication. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and effectively in a multi-tasking environment with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional communications skills (written and verbal)
- The ability to work with professionalism, respect, empathy, maintaining confidentiality with a wide variety of stakeholders
- The ability to constructively assist with the development of project and program scopes and deliverables, and the assistance of these programs from inception to completion
- Computer and Internet proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Email management
- Experience working with professional Auditors on annual audit reports
- Office & Event material procurement
- Occasional overnight travel – non-negotiable
- Accurately record meeting minutes
- Experience working with First Nation communities
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Experience working with government-reporting systems (e.g. LAMPSS)
- Formal experience interacting with a volunteer Board of Directors in an efficient, organized, and timely manner
- French language fluency; multi-lingual
- Experience with SharePoint and WordPress
Challenge Seeker: Results-oriented, resilient, full of energy, and enjoys a fast-paced environment with new and changing challenges without folding easily under pressure.
Team Player: Cooperative, supportive, accountable, and trust-worthy, finds common ground and solves problems for the good of all, can represent his/her own interests while being fair to other parties.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply via email to Natasha Wall at Natasha.email@example.com with the following attachments:
- A short cover letter explaining why you would like to work at Techsploration, and why you think you would be an exceptional colleague and a great addition to the team.
- A PDF copy of your resumé.
- The names and contact information of three professional references.
Deadline: resumés must be received no later than 5 p.m. AST on March 14, 2018.
While we would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest, please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.