Regional Program Coordinator – Ontario
Title: Regional Program Coordinator Employment Type: Term position (35-40 hrs per week)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Ottawa, ON or Hamilton, ON
Reports to: Manager, Office Administration and Logistics (Nova Scotia)
About Techsploration: Established in 1998, Techsploration is an award winning, Nova Scotia-based nonprofit that delivers hands-on, mentor-led programming to young women in Grades 9 through 12. The goal of Techsploration is to increase the number of women working in science, engineering, trades, and technology-related occupations, as well as entrepreneurship, by assisting young women from diverse backgrounds to explore a wide range of career options in fields where women are significantly underrepresented. Our programming also creates awareness about the role of work in their lives and helps them understand the significance of math and science for their future careers.
Are you ready to empower the next generation of female leaders? Join our team and help us share our story as part of our new pilot program in Ontario!
Job Brief: The Regional Program Coordinator (RPC) is a term position with potential for extension to permanent, full-time position. The RPC will develop an in-depth understanding of the mission and industry pillars associated with the Techsploration brand. As the Ontario ‘face’ of Techsploration, the RPC will, with support from the Manager, Office Administration and Program Logistics, ensure that events are planned and executed to the benefit of all Techsploration stakeholders.
The RBC will be responsible for Ottawa and Hamilton program areas and, as such, could work out of either location.
Contract will begin December 15, 2019 and continue through to August 15, 2020.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Under the leadership of the Manager, Office Administration and Program Logistics, will coordinate operations and ensure Techsploration deliverables are met
• Respond to all internal and external inquiries including, but not limited to, teachers, industry representatives, volunteers, and role models
• Conduct adequate outreach to ensure sufficient number of role models at 36 Techsploration events throughout Ontario pilot program communities
• Provide reports that are suitable and appropriate to be presented to the Techsploration Board of Directors
• Administer bookkeeping tasks as required by Techsploration accountant, directly related to Ontario operations
• Perform other tasks as required
• With support from the Manager, Office Administration and Program Logistics, will liaise and manage relations with Ontario program partners, sponsors, teachers, role models, volunteers, and various members of the public
• Serve as point person for office manager duties including, but not limited to: mailing, shopping, supplies, office equipment etc.
• Maintain CRM as well as utilize traditional filing system
• Provide Techsploration Bookkeeper with all required documentation
• Provide direction and assistance to school team teachers via telephone, email, and faceto-face communication
• Coordinate and make travel arrangements for Techsploration school teams
• Source and book event venues in advance for special events dates work for teachers and do not conflict with like-minded organizations in pilot areas
• Maintain confidential guest lists, extend invitations and record responses for all events • Maintain sufficient event supply inventory
• Liaise with various departments in Nova Scotia office as appropriate
• Degree/diploma in one of the following: event management, marketing, public relations or hospitality (or equivalent relevant experience)
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs, Adobe suite (asset), CRM systems • Excellent time management
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Must have valid provincial driver’s license (non-negotiable)
• Must be available for overnight travel for Techsploration Events (non-negotiable)
• French bilingualism will be considered an asset
• Experience working with volunteer Board of Directors will be considered an asset
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply via email to Natasha Wall at email@example.com with the following attachments no later than November 22nd at 5:00 p.m. EST:
1. A short cover letter explaining why you would like to work at Techsploration, and why you think you would be an exceptional colleague and a great addition to the team.
2. A PDF copy of your resumé.
3. The names and contact information of three professional references.
While we would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest, please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.