Banquet Speaker, Andrea MacDonald
Saint Mary’s University and Techsploration Science and Engineering Award – 2018
Saint Mary’s University and Techsploration Science and Engineering Award
Techsploration gratefully acknowledges the generosity of Saint Mary’s University in providing a renewable
$2000 scholarship to young women pursuing a Science, technology or Engineering Degree.
Who is eligible to apply?
1) All Techsplorer Alumnae are eligible to apply.
- All female Grade Twelve graduates of Techsploration schools in Nova Scotia are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be accepted into a Saint Mary’s University, science, technology, or engineering program as a full-time student (4 or 5 courses per semester).
What are the criteria?
Scholarship applications will be evaluated by the Award Committee which includes the Assistant Registrar, Admissions and Scholarships, Saint Mary’s University in consultation with Techsploration staff. Scholarship applicants must:
- Achieve an 80% average upon high school graduation
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA on an annual basis for the scholarship to be renewed. Students in Engineering will transfer to Dalhousie for years 3 & 4. Dalhousie will honor up to $5,000 in scholarships per student/per year, but GPA requirements will differ.
How do you apply?
Students must complete the attached application form and include a one-two page essay and send it to the address on the application form.
What is the value?
The scholarship is valued at $2000 per year and is renewable on an annual basis as long as the above criteria are met (see above note for engineering students). The award will be applied directly to student tuition in two installments each year, the first in September and the second in January.
Please see the following website for other Saint Mary’s University scholarship opportunities: www.smu.ca/scholarships
When is the deadline?
Applications must be received by the Award Committee by March 12, 2018. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Note: This award is not transferable. In the event that a student does not meet the requirements for renewal, another recipient will not be selected for that award.
Download the application here.